Wednesday, June 4, 2014

18 Months In




Greetings All!!!

It has been a while since I have done a blog post, but I'm back.......

Holy Moly, who knew that the Lent / Easter season, would be so busy working at a Church......  not me. You may have noticed my previous blog post was a copy of our Mercy Lenten Devotional; we also compiled an Easter Devotional that I will be posting soon.

 This last few months has been quite busy, I have gone on a retreat with my housemates, renovated Mercy, and experienced the behind the scenes of 2 major church calendar events, climbed a mountain and visited a Monastery with my Mercy community. I could write some long drawn out blog post about my feelings and experiences, but for this addition I think I will do a photo tour with a few reflections. Come along with me as we journey back in time over the last 2 months….. (Cue the Tardis sound effect)
 
A few weeks ago my City Director, my housemates and I packed up in a rental and headed down to Panacea, Florida for a retreat with our fellow YAVs/ Dweller in our region. It was an awesome weekend getting to just BE and to rest and reflect. We went fishing, hung out at the beach, cooked for one another; what more could one ask for?

It was so refreshing hearing everyones stories about their experice thus far. We all have had our highs and our lows, but it was so reassuring to know we are not alone in our experience. We are all learning and growing unexpected ways, thanks be to God.



















Selfie








On the road again







Yay new expeiences.

Making friends on the dock...



 


Climbing...., We made it to the top of Stone Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment